Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Monsterpiece Theater: From Across the Pond!

by Rustbelt

My friends, the Haunting Season is upon us again!
And this year we will be covering, um…um…

Oh, blast. It seems I’ve written myself into a corner over the last two years. I really liked how we spent an entire season on one book last year. Problem is, I covered four classic books the year before! I think I’ve run out of classics! (At least what I consider classics.) Oh, the lack of foresight. What to do? What to do? Hold on a moment…

Well, I still want to keep the theme-style format going. I suppose this year we’ll have to leave the printed page and go with a different kind of theme. Maybe a focus on actors. Sound good? Oh, not quite enough. I see. Well, how about a famous duo? Ah, good.

Hm. Who could we choose? You know, I have an idea. It just popped in there. First of all, these two would need to have range…
Gotta have style…
Should be fairly well known…
And have genuine horror experience…
The choice is made!

The Traveler has come!

Oh, and this year’s edition will feature films starring the man made famous on screen by turning people into corpses by draining their blood, and his BFF, the man horror fans know best for bringing said corpses back to ghastly, hideous life whether they wanted it or not.

So, let’s have a jolly- and creepy- good time with the October of Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee!

5 comments:

AndrewPrice said...

Thanks for doing the Monsterpiece Theater series again, Rustbelt. I'm looking forward to it. It's a great Halloween tradition!

Rustbelt said...

Glad to be of service, Andrew! This October should be a lot of fun!

ArgentGale said...

Glad to see this feature back in action, Rustbelt! As great as the last few have been I'm looking forward to seeing this year's selection! I really do need to catch up on these movies, though...

Rustbelt said...

AG, it's great to start another entry into this series! I just finished the first full article.
You know, after the book format, it was tough to find another decent theme. (I had also considered "Good Scary Films Parodied by MST3K or Rifftrax." That would've included 'Night on Haunted Hill,' 'This Island Earth,' and 'Carnival of Souls.' Unfortunately, Andrew already reviewed 'Night of the Living Dead.' So, that would've left me a little short.)
Well, I hope to can live up to expectations. Please enjoy!

RGallegos said...

TNT was repeating Star Wars several times this weekend. I noticed that Peter Cushing was the best actor in the whole film. He really brought an air of authority to the role of Grand Moff Tarkin.

Post a Comment